This sculpture in the central courtyard of Deakin University (Waurn Ponds), called 'Interlock 1979', was donated anonomously in 1981. The sculptor was Margel Hinder assisted by her husband Frank. It was fabricated by Keith Jackson. Margel was born in New York and moved to Australia with her Australian husband in 1934. She died in 1995.
Other examples of her work can be found at Martin Place, Sydney, the University of Sydney and Woden Town Centre, ACT.
The asymmetrical nature of her work encourages us to walk around it to see all of its form.
1 of 4 photos