Heritage House - 1895
2520 Main Street, Vancouver, BC
The original address was 2520 Westminster Avenue
Going south down Main just across Broadway, the first building on Watson Street on the west side is a small square building at the back of an old restaurant facing Main Street. This is the last of three identical 1895 homes built on the land originally owned by the Grauers, and where they became Mount Pleasant’s first recorded parents in 1886. The houses originally fronted on Main Street. J. W. Horne, the well-known landowner and MLA, once owned this last house. Horne built the Yale Hotel in Yaletown and the Horne Block in Gastown. In the 1990s the punk rock group D.O.A. used this forgotten house for rehearsing.
- Donald Luxton and Associates
Brewery Creek would have flowed right across Watson Street here flowing northeast.
A small candy manufacturer occupied the house in 1956.