new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Gastown Printers - 1905-1908 | by Bob_2006
Back to album

Gastown Printers - 1905-1908

328 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC.

 

This was the original site of the publishing office of the Vancouver "World" newspaper, Vancouver's first evening paper established in 1888. (The World was absorbed by the Vancouver Sun in 1924). The upper floors housed the first Masonic Temple, Mt. Hermon Lodge. Many of its members were Vancouver's politicians and civic leaders.

 

During the Klondike Gold Rush in 1898, it became the branch store for Johnson Kerfoot and Company, Klondike Outfitters.

 

Gastown History

735 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 11, 2008