Mary Martin Memorial Presbyterian Church
Mary S. Martin, a native of nearby Washington County, VA, started
work as a missionary in the Dry Fork section of Wise County in
May 1922. She made Virginia City Church her home base and
expanded her mission work into nearby coal camps. After sev-
eral years, she was able to raise funds to build three more
Presbyterian chapels. In 1937, this brick church was erected
in her name.