c.1958 - Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
Best viewed Original size.
Midland Railway built (1902) 3F 0-6-0 43754 spent all of its BR career allocated to Gloucester Barnwood (85E) depot, with the probability that much of that spent outstationed at Tewkesbury sub-shed where it is pictured - c.1958.
It was withdrawn from service on 17/11/1962.
Note the fine collection of fire irons propped up against the wall to the left.
Much of the following detail from www.steamsheds.co.uk
Tewkesbury, a subshed of Gloucester Barnwood (85E) MPD, was situated to the west of Tewkesbury station on the north side of the Quay branch. It was a brick built single road, straight, dead-end shed with a gable style slate roof. A ramped coal stage and water column were provided. It originally opened on 21/07/1840 and finally closed on 7th September 1962. The site was eventually developed for housing.
The large building with the chimney and roof lights was not part of the shed.
© 2015 - 53A Models of Hull Collection. Scanned from the original 120 monochrome negative; photograph by the late James S Doubleday.
- - - - - -