So I was at the office yesterday when Jen calls me, asking, "Does castor oil induce vomiting?" LOL… whut?
Turns out my brilliant son ingested a rare-earth, neodymium magnet. Plus a steel ball. Fortunately, the two were already joined when he swallowed them, so there really wasn't much risk of a perforated intestine—which has been known to happen when kiddos have swallowed multiple strong magnets before. Nevertheless, we were advised to rush him to an emergency room immediately. Meanwhile, I took charge of the girls at home.
A couple hours and some x-ray imaging later, Jen and AJ were sent home—with instructions to *not* attempt to recover the objects from his stool when it eventually passes.
That would seem to fall into the category of "Life's unnecessary instructions," but, then… AJ.
I took this photo a couple months ago after I took the kids to a showing of Iron Man. The image seemed fitting.