Saint Thomas Church, NYC 3 of 4
Saint Thomas Church, at Fifth and 53rd, Episcopal Diocese of New York.
From their website: "Founded in 1823, Saint Thomas Church was incorporated in the City of New York on January 9, 1824, by members from three downtown parishes who wanted to establish a church in their own neighborhood on the northern edge of "settled" Manhattan. The first edifice was at Broadway and Houston Streets. The present Saint Thomas Church is actually the fourth building in the remarkable history of a great New York parish. Designed by the distinguished architectural firm of Cram, Goodhue and Ferguson and completed in 1913, Saint Thomas Church is built in the French High Gothic style. … The church is built completely of stone, according to medieval construction principles, using load-bearing rib vaulting without the space-spanning benefits of steel."
It is also known as Saint Thomas Church Fifth Avenue or as Saint Thomas Church in the City of New York.