No Way Out - (HDR Lisbon, Portugal)
Want to learn how this image was created?
attention detail disorder
Sometimes it’s the simple things that catch my eye. I’m always reminding myself to slow it down a bit and pay attention to small details. It’s a good practice because HDR can really help those simple little details come to life.
The shot below is from the interior of The Tower of Belem in Lisbon, Portugal in what I can only describe as the dungeon. -- I don’t know for sure because I never read the tourist signs. I know this totally disproves the attention to detail thing I just harped on but there you go. -- The important thing here is noting the water flecks on the glass behind the bars. If you look at the before and after comparison, you will notice that the original exposure had enough light pouring through to destroy most of that detail and color, making it a perfect candidate for HDR.
Technical Mumbo Jumbo:
- Nikon D700 - Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8@ 20mm f/4 Iso: 100
- 5 (handheld) Exposure Brackets (-2,-1,0,1,2)
- HDR Photography Processing & Tone Mapping using Photomatix Pro
- Post Processing & Color Correction in Photoshop
- Enhanced detail with Nik Software Sharpener Pro
- kept it simple
For HDR tips, tutorials, and to view HDR Photography before and afters, visit: www.blamethemonkey.com
* All comments are welcome & Monkey Business is strongly encouraged. Thanks for viewing!
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Azul (5) 18 photos