Meteora - The Valley of Light - (HDR Greece)
Want to learn how this image was created?
View the Before and After Comparison of this photo.
Foot in mouth
Ansel Adams, one of the most famous landscape photographers of all time, once said, “A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.”
Well, crappy crap... If you add in a bit of tasteful sarcasm, that’s pretty much my business model; talking about photos. Damn Ansel, you got me there...
Anyway, this place, Meteora, is one of my favorite places in the world. There are 6 (remaining) ancient Monasteries built into a series of 2000ft sandstone spires. Each one is completely unique to the next, and all can be accessed by visitors. It’s a truly majestic location containing some of the most beautiful vistas I have ever seen. I had a truly inspirational experience and eagerly await an opportunity to return.
This photo displays The Grand Meteoro Monastery & the beautiful sprawling valley beyond. And yes, in case you’re curious, that’s about a 1900ft drop immediately to my left. ;)
Sorry Ansel, I just couldn’t stay silent with this one.
Happy Valentines Day!
Technical Mumbo Jumbo:
- Nikon D3 - Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 @ 19mm f/6.3 Iso: 250 / 7 Exposure Brackets (-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3).
- HDR Photography Processing & Tone Mapping using Photomatix Pro
- Post Processing & Color Correction using Photoshop
- Enhanced detail with Nik Software Sharpener Pro
- Also did a little dance in my boxer shorts
For HDR tips, tutorials, and to view HDR Photography before and afters, visit: www.blamethemonkey.com
* All comments are welcome & Monkey Business is strongly encouraged. Thanks for viewing!
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Mis mejores Paisajes (2) 18 photos