Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park | California
© 2011 Bill Lim. All rights reserved.
According to a sign overlooking the cove, this cove used to be more water and less beach. But sediment runoff from the Big Sur fire in 2008 is slowly filling it in. Before the fire the surf line used to reach the base of the falls.
Read more about the park at Wikipedia.
This image was stiched together with Hugin from three tonemapped-HDR images. The HDR images were created with Luminance HDR.
• Olympus E-30
• Zuiko Digital 11-22mm f 2.8/3.5 lens
• Circular Polarizing Filter
• rawtherapee v4.0.7α to "develop" three RAW images. For each of the three adjust exposure to -2.0ev, -1.0ev, 0.0ev, +1.0ev, +2.0ev, +3.0ev. Save each exposure to a 16-bit TIFF for a total of 18 TIFF images (3 x 6 = 18).
• Luminance HDR v2.2.1 and Hugin v2011.4.0 to create a HDR tone-mapped panorama from the 18 TIFF images. Save panorama as 16-bit TIFF image.
• Photoshop CS4 (running through WINE v1.3.x) to adjust colors, levels, and curves. Apply output sharpening with Focus Magic.
• exiftool to copy the .ORF EXIF tags back into the final JPEG. And to set other tags, e.g. keywords.
• digikam v2.5 to geotag image (via its GPS track log time-correlation feature).
• KFlickr to upload.
• Linux Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.
• Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop with the 2.4Ghz Intel Core2Duo P8600 and 2.0GB RAM.