Chewy Raspberry Almond Bars Recipe
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
1 cup fresh raspberries (6 oz)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. To remaining mixture, stir in egg until just moistened.
3. Press dough firmly and evenly into bottom of pan, using fingers or bottom of measuring cup. Spread with jam. Arrange raspberries over jam. Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over raspberries.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
This photo is in 1 album
- Cookies 47 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Valentine's day sweets 2 photos