Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala Recipe
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 jars (6 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
3. Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
5. To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.