Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Puppy Treats Recipe
3 cups brown rice flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1. Heat oven to 350° F. In large bowl stir all ingredients until soft dough forms.
2. Divide dough in half. Using brown-rice-floured rolling pin, roll each dough half to 1/2 inch thickness on brown-rice-floured surface. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts about 1 inch apart.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until dry and golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Store in dog treat jar at room temperature up to 1 week. For longer storage keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Tip: To dress up your puppy treats, melt 1 cup yogurt chips (available at pet stores) and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in microwavable bowl uncovered on High about 1 minute or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over puppy treats.
Tip: Check with your vet to make sure that these puppy treats fit into your dog's diet. Be sure to check the recipe for any known foods or ingredients your pet may be allergic to.
This photo is in 1 album
- Red Hot Holiday Trends 29 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Treats, for you and yours 18 photos