Pirate's Hidden Treasure Cupcake Recipe
1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ® chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
24 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies (from 12-oz bag), unwrapped
Frosting and Decorations
1 container (1 lb) Betty CrockerÂ® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
2 rolls (from 4.5-oz box) Betty CrockerÂ® Fruit by the FootÂ® chewy fruit snack (any red color)
24 pieces CheeriosÂ® cereal or small ring-shaped candies (about 4 teaspoons)
3 tablespoons miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate baking bits
1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
2 pieces black string licorice (each 34 inches long)
1. Heat oven to 350Â°F for shiny metal pans (or 325Â°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, make cake mix as directed on boxâexcept use 1 cup water, the oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Place 1 candy in top of batter for each cupcake (candies will sink as cupcakes bake).
3. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Cut 12-inch piece from 1 fruit snack roll; set aside. From remaining fruit snack, cut 24 (2-inch) pieces; cut crescent-shaped piece from each. Peel off paper backing; add 1 piece to each cupcake for top of kerchief.
5. Cut reserved fruit snack into 12 (1-inch) pieces; peel off paper backing. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Twist each piece in middle; add to 1 end of crescent-shaped fruit snack on each cupcake, forming tie of kerchief. Add 1 piece of cereal under each tie for earring. Use baking bits, chocolate chips and licorice to make facial features and eye patches.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 19 to 22 minutes.
Find more recipes at www.bettycrocker.com.
See the other Make-A-Wish Cupcakes of the Week by visiting www.bettycrocker.com/StirringUpWishes.