HDR tonal mapping with some local corrections.
Piran is a little town (about 4000 inhabitants) with a medieval flair. It is situated on a peninsula of the Adriatic sea in the Slovenian part of Istria. It has a long history dating back to the pre-Roman era. Until the first world war it belonged to the Austro-Hungarian empire.
This is the view from the old town walls. To the right we see St. George's Parish Church, built in the style of Venetian Renaissance and finished in 1614 CE.