new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Lawrence's First Radiation Laboratory at UC Berkeley | by Berkeley Lab
Back to album

Lawrence's First Radiation Laboratory at UC Berkeley

The first Radiation Laboratory, knicknamed the "Rad Lab," officially occupied by Lawrence on August 26, 1931. The Lab had been the Civil Engineering Testing Laboratory, and it featured substantial concrete flooring, strong enough to support the 80-ton magnet Lawrence would need for his 27-inch cyclotron.

 

credit: Lawrence Berkeley Nat'l Lab

 

XBD9606-02512.TIF

1,983 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on October 2, 2006