Students walking near Jaeger Hall, c.1960
Title: October 2012 Photo of the Month: Students walking near Jaeger hall, c. 1960
Place: North America: U.s.; Lisle, IL; Benedictine University
Type: 8x10 B&W Photograph
Description: Recognize that building? It’s Jaeger Hall, Benedictine University’s first residence hall. In the mid-1990s, Jaeger was remodeled and a 3 story atrium-style addition was added to the front of the building, dramatically altering the façade.
After World War II ended, St. Procopius College (as Ben U was called at the time) saw an enrollment surge and the student population went over 200 for the first time ever in the 1950-1 school year. To keep pace with the growth, the school broke ground on Jaeger in November of 1950 and students moved into the building in December 1951. Jaeger is still a residence hall today and campus growth in recent years has Ben U planning for an additional residence hall to accommodate it.
Photo ID: img038
There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Benedictine University Library which is making it freely available through a Creative Commons license with the request that the Library be credited as its source.