Lydia Leister Barn--Gen.Meade's Headquarters and Field Hospital
The building was located in the rear of the center of the Union battle line. It was used to shelter Union headquarters staff and horses. It later was used as a temporary aid station and field hospital when headquarters was relocated elsewhere. The interior of the barn was slightly modified by the War Department in 1890s for storage purposes. The building was restored to its 1870s appearance in 1991-1992. It was originally built in the year 1800.