Evanston Art Center
Evanston Art Center ( www.evanstonartcenter.org/ ) in Evanston, Ill. From their History of the House brochure:
"The Evanston Art Center's present location at 2603 Sheridan Road was not always a center for the visual arts; it began as the private residence of the Harley Clarke family. In 1926, Harley Clarke, a successful utilities magnate of the Utilities, Power, and Light Company, purchased the property from the Deering family of International Harvester. Clarke hired Richard Powers, a Boston architect, to design his family's new home. Modeled after early 16th century English Tudor country homes, the mansion cost Clarke $500,000 to build. ... In 1949, the house was sold to Sigma Chi Fraternity International for use as its international headquarters. The City of Evanston purchased the house from the fraternity in 1963. The Evanston Art Center began leasing the building from the City in 1966."