The Toronto Athletic Club, also known as the Stewart Building, is a building located at 149 College Street in Toronto. It was designed by E. J. Lennox and built in 1894 to support the activities of the Club. It included the first indoor pool in Toronto.
The building is built in a "Richardsonian Romanesque" style favoured by Lennox. Its exterior is sandstone, a material that Lennox used in other buildings in Toronto such as the Old City Hall and the Legislative Building in Queen's Park nearby. An indoor pool was built in the basement. The building is approximately 4,000 square metres (43,000 sq ft) in size.
Queen's Park, Toronto