new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Lendal Bridge | by inreflection
Back to photostream

Lendal Bridge

Lendal Bridge was built by Thomas Page in 1863 and is an iron bridge with Gothic features. It links Station Road with Museum Street and thus York railway station with York Minster, and is part of York's Inner Ring Road. At both ends of the bridge stand towers, Barker Tower to the west and Lendal Tower to the east. A rope ferry previously existed at this location.

1,494 views
20 faves
30 comments
Taken on September 2, 2012