602 S. Hough St.
Now the Office of Barrington Township; originally the public library. The first place in Barrington where books were loaned out was at 133 Park Ave., in 1915. These books were donated by the general public. Later they moved to the 2nd floor of a place on S. Cook. Again later, the book collection was moved to the second floor of 119 E. Main St. By 1933 the village board allowed the library to use the village hall to house the books. This building was built in 1957, at a cost of $60,000. It was opened July 8, 1957. About 1980, a new library was built, on Northwest Hwy. by the Jewel T plant. This is now the office of Barrington Township. 1-28-1999