Visitors Center, Skogskyrkogården, Stockholm
Architect: Gunnar Asplund
Built in: 1923
The Visitors Center was inaugurated in 1923 and originally a staff and service building. Renovated in 1998 to house a visitors and information center along with a coffee shop and exhibition rooms.
In 1994, the Woodland Cemetery (Skogskyrkogården) was inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value. UNESCO’s decision was based on Skogskyrkogården’s qualities as a prominent example of architecture and a twentieth-century cultural landscape being formed into a cemetery. The inscription ensures the preservation and protection of Skogskyrkogården for future generations.
More work by: Gunnar Asplund