Phoenix Shot Tower
This tower stands at 234.25 feet (71.4m) and is near Little Italy in east Baltimore. It was constructed in 1828 and was designed to have molten lead dropped from the top through a sieve into cold water at the bottom. This would turn the lead into shot for pistols as well as cannons. People running the tower could make up to 100,000 bags of shot a year with each bag weighing 25 pounds.