Victoria Hospital For Sick Children
Victoria Hospital for Sick Children is a building in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was built in 1892 by the architectural firm of Darling and Curry, and served as the hospital that is now called Hospital for Sick Children (or "SickKids") until 1951. The construction of the five-storey building was a very important step in the history of the hospital since it was previously located in a small downtown house which was rented for sixteen years by Elizabeth McMaster, the founder of the hospital, with support from a group of Toronto women (Toronto Archives). The invention of pablum, the introduction of incorporated x-rays in 1896, and the origins of the battle for compulsory milk pasteurization in 1908 occurred in this building (Adams 206). Since 1993, it has been home to Canadian Red Cross Regional Blood Centre and the later the Canadian Blood Services Regional Blood Centre. It is located at the corner of College and Elizabeth streets, near the Toronto General Hospital.
SMC Pentax A 645 35mm 1:3.5
Rollei Pan 25