Eggplant Turnovers, Tomato Rice, Lentils and Saffron Rice - Moroccan Soup Bar
I loved the saffron rice, but I suspect that it is turmeric. It tastes exactly like the turmeric rice we used to have with Nyonya chicken curry and beef rendang when I was a kid. We called it saffron rice then too :) Also known by it's Malay name of nasi kunyit.
The eggplant was crisp on the edges, but it had soaked up a lot of
We have wanted to try the Moroccan Soup Bar for a while now. It never seems to be open every time we are in that part of town.
It was very interesting food, and quite good, but not as great as The Age made it out to be.
Dinner banquet AUD16 per head, minimum of 2 persons.
Moroccan Soup Bar
183 St Georges Rd Fitzroy 3065
(03) 9482 4240
Dinner Tues-Sun 6pm-10pm
- Mint Tea
- House-made Yoghurt and Chickpea Dips
- Baked Chickpeas with Pita Crisps
- Eggplant Turnovers, Tomato Rice, Lentils and Saffron Rice
- Spicy Vegetable Stew with Couscous
- Date Maamul, Pistachio Baklava and Coffee