Lunar Limb profile from Solar Eclipse imagery
A while ago I saw a post from Pete Lawrence from BBC Sky at Night in which he showed that you can see the lunar limb profile in the images from the Baily beads taken during the solar eclipse. When I started making an beads sequence I remembered this post and thought it was worthwhile to see if I could do something like that also. It showed that I had about 15 bead images during C2 and C3 and so I started adding them to my image and I was heavily surprised.
Using Solar Eclipse Maestro I then generated a lunar limb profile (80x exaggerated) to compare with my imagery. This is shown as the white line on the inside of the beads. What surprised me was that the limb was so clearly visible, but even more that also in the part outside the beads you can still see limb features in the solar chromosphere clearly.
In the image I tried to link some of the features to the chromosphere banding that is visible. This is a nice example how you can even do some 'science' using your own eclipse data.
The images were taken with a Nikon D810a equipped with a Nikon 300mm f/4 lens.