2013 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour postcard - back
The 2013 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour on Saturday, May 18, 2013 will feature seven homes plus 26 points of interest -- including the interiors of some special, not-often seen, mid-century modern buildings.
- a 1963 custom home based on hexagons (seen here in the photo) designed by William Koblik;
- a 1955 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons that was the childhood residence of Olympic champion Mark Spitz;
- a 1970 Carter Sparks-designed / Streng-built home;
- a 1954 cinderblock duplex that epitomizes indoor-outdoor living;
- SacMod HQ - a 1961 Rickey and Brooks custom home;
- a 1950 Blomberg home with Basalite cinderblocks - recently and beautifully renovated with a keen eye on a tight budget;
- a 1955 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons with a 1962 addition and innovative light fixture designed by architect Grant Caywood.
The tour also includes our highly requested Vintage Transportation Show at the starting point of the tour (Sacramento Executive Airport) as well as special vehicles in front of each home. Attendees will enjoy goodies, swag and surprises. Local designers, artists, businesses and other folks will be participating at various stops. The tour continues to develop with added value and content daily. Guaranteed to be fabulous and not to be missed!
Thank you to everyone who has purchased tickets thus far! They are going fast!
Get your tickets while you can! You decide the rate ($20 SacMod members or $30 general admission for advanced sales). No guarantee of ticket availability on the day of the tour; if tickets are sold on tour day they will be by credit card only at $30/member and $40/general admission. You can join and get the discounted member rate at any time. Purchase memberships via the "Add to Cart" link in the upper left hand corner of our blog (sacmcmhometour.blogspot.com). Tickets available via Brown Paper Tickets online (sacmod.brownpapertickets.com).