Creeping out of winter vacation here is my first pic of 2011, haven't
took a selfie in a while now so I figured that it would work well as a
new year starter.
The close up portrait is my favorite kind of photograph hands down, I love peeking into someones expression, tells a long story.
I plan on spending more time on flickr in the close future since I really need the inspiration for a little project...
Strobist: Usual single light setup with Lastolite 60x60 softbox and sb28 triggered by pc sync cable. Softbox was cam high right, maybe 25-30° from camera and about 1m from my face.
- B&W conversion in Silver Efex Pro.
- Darkening using curve adjustments.
- A little structure, vignetting and grane.
- Back to color I desaturated my volcanic red skin from the darkening curve.
- Adjusted colors in RGB with curves adjustment.