new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Day 230: Solved! | by arkworld
Back to photostream

Day 230: Solved!

It's been a good 15 years since I've owned or played with a Rubik's Cube. But then I saw The Pursuit of Happyness a few weeks ago. For those who haven't seen the movie, the Rubik's Cube is featured in the movie. Well anyways, I decided to pick one up and see if I could learn how to solve the damn thing. The most I've ever been able to get is one side and two rows of each of the adjacent sides.


Only problem..everyone had gotten the same friggin' idea. Everywhere I went, I was told the same thing, "Sorry, we're sold out. Check back next week." Of course, I could have gotten it online, but I wanted it right away. So I kept shopping around, calling different Targets and Walmarts. Well last Saturday, I FINALLY found one while Jane and I were shopping at a Target(not our usual Target).


Well for the past four days, I've been playing with this thing. It's been driving Jane nuts. She keeps telling me to put it down. :D Well as of tonight I have finally solved the damn thing. I got home from work today and spent about an hour on it...and voila! Only took me FOUR effing days. haha. But I don't care. It's the first time I've ever solved it....without popping the pieces out with a screwdriver. :D I've gotten really good at solving 90% of it, which I can do fairly quick. It's the other 10% that takes me forever. My goal right now is to be able to solve it in 20 minutes or less.


Now that I've solved it and taken my picture, I'm off to mess it up and start over again. :D

29 faves
Taken on May 15, 2007