Church of Panaghia Gorgoepikoos
The church stands next to the Cathedral of Athens. It was constructed at the end of the 12th century, on the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to the goddess Eileithyia. It was initially called :Little Metropolis", and was dedicated to Panaghia Gorgoepikoos and belonged to the episcopal mansion of Athens. In 1841 it was the public library of Athens and in 1863 it was dedicated to Aghios Eleutherios. The cross in square church belongs to the four column type, with a tripartite marthex, of which the vaulted middle section is taller than the lateral ones.