Monster High Repaint Tutorial Page 1
Due to popular demand, here's the tutorial I worked on today!
1. Start with a fresh, clean head. I use mild detergent to make sure all foreign oils are removed from the surface before applying two coats of MSC.
2. These are the brushes I use the most (from top to bottom). A shading/shadow brush with natural bristles for cheek and large area pastel shading.
A large flat brush to remove dust and debris, should I have to erase.
A flat, round edge brush for applying pastel to eyes, lips, and smaller detail.
18/0 brush for fine detail on eyes, lips, creases.
A white eraser with sharp edges is always a good idea.
3. The pastels I use are very soft and highly pigmented, so I don't even need to shave them. I can just dab the brush lightly to pick up the color. I apply the pastel in small amounts, building up the color I like with smooth, long, flat strokes.
4. I apply color inside the mouth lines with the flat brush. I use the shading brush to blend out the pastel so that it is darker in the middle of the lips.
5. I use the shading brush for large areas, such as blushing on the cheeks and forehead.
6. Using the flat round brush, I draw the basic shape of the brows with long, flat strokes.