MacArthur Woolen Mill
The MacArthur Woolen Mill was built in 1871 by Archibald MacArthur to manufacture fine worsteds and tweeds. The mill and other stone mills which derived its source of power from the Mississippi River, was one of the chief reasons for the municipality's growth and a tangible reminder of the early industrial development of Carleton Place.
The building itself is constructed of Beckwith sandstone and has undergone many alterations, but the exterior still retains its original character.
This photo shows the channel which diverts water from the river as well as the old water wheel mechanism and what remains of the the dam structure.
Hand held, 3 bracket HDR with slight application of Topaz Spicify filter