Former Salvation Army Building - 101 Valencia Street, San Francisco (built 1911)
City of San Francisco Structure of Merit No. 9
1911, Charles Paff and John Baur
from Historic Context Statement - Market and Octavia Neighborhood Plan Area:
"In 1909, the Order of Knights of Pythias built a large brick office building with meeting rooms at 101 Valencia Street. Designed by San Francisco architects Charles Paff and John Baur, the building was subsequently purchased by the Salvation Army, which used the building as its Northern California and Nevada headquarters until 1989. It was converted to residential use in the 1990s."