new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Pella | by ribizlifozelek
Back to group

Pella

Pella (Πέλλα) was the seat of Philip II of Macedon and of Alexander the Great, his son. It was also their birthplace. The city went into decline by the end of the 1st century BC.

The city was known in modern Greek as Ayii Apostoli (Постол/Postol in Slavic), until it reverted to its ancient name in 1936.

 

1,949 views
4 faves
12 comments
Taken on April 20, 2004