off again to Africa
Zebra and wildebeest migration Masai Mara, Sep/Oct. 2006 and yes, the zebra to the far right has suffered a recent wound, probably from a lion or cheetah.
I'm off again tomorrow (1/18/07) to Kenya and Senegal...I depart, traveling with my mom and my brother to Kenya, and then a trip to Senegal to visit Viola Vaughn and the 10,000 girls project. While in Kenya, I will be attending the World Social Forum (wsf2007.org/info/about)...The following elements are included in this forum's vision:
1. Building a world of peace, justice, ethics and respect for
2. Liberating the world from the domination of multinational
and financial capital;
3. Ensuring universal and sustainable access to the common
goods of humanity and nature;
4. Democratization of knowledge and information;
5. Ensuring dignity, defending diversity, guaranteeing gender
equality and eliminating all forms of discrimination;
6. Guaranteeing economic, social, and cultural rights
especially the right to food, healthcare, education,
housing, employment and decent work;
7. Building a world order based on sovereignty,
self-determination and rights of peoples;
8. Constructing a people-centred and sustainable economy;
9. Building real democratic political structures and
institutions with full people's participation on decisions
and control of public affairs and resources.
I'll be thinking of all of you and will try and take lots of photos... speaking of photos, here's one that recently got posted on a wonderful parenting site:
I return from Africa the first week of February.