new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Broadgate House Coventry (Donald Gibson City Architect 1949-53) | by Andy McGeechan
Back to photostream

Broadgate House Coventry (Donald Gibson City Architect 1949-53)

Built at the junction of Smithford street with Broadgate the square was opened in 1948 by Princess Elizabeth who was Queen Elizabeth II by the time Broadgate House opened opened in May 1953.

Built under difficult conditions as construction materials where still under wartime rations that where not themselves lifted till 1953.

932 views
0 faves
4 comments
Taken on May 13, 2012