Dome of the Fukuoka Red Brick Cultural Center 福岡
This Akarenga structure was built in 1909 by architects Tatsuno Kingo 辰野金吾 and Kataoka Yasushi (Tatsuno designed the Tokyo Station building), and housed the Fukuoka branch of Nippon Life Insurance Company until 1966.
In the Meiji and Taisho periods, western architecture was popular, either as a pure copy or a mix with Japanese. Tatsuno must have liked the Dutch brick buildings. This finally led to the reconstruction of an entire Dutch town at Haus-ten-Bosch, formerly "Horanda-mura."
Thanks m.a. 1