side entrance, main entrance - De Tempel
First mentioned in 1290, De Tempel was once owned by Johan van Oldenbarnevelt. It now belongs to the Rotterdam council and used as an institution for people with mental illnesses.
The landscape garden was laid out between 1830 and 1860. The garden was untipically filled with many statues, some of which an be traced back to other gardens that have been lost.