George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury, Sheffield Cathedral
These splendid early sixteenth century alabaster effigies can be found in the south east corner of Sheffield Cathedral, in what is known as the Shrewsbury Chapel, owing to the burials there of two earls of Shrewsbury, the 4th,George Talbot, (died 1538) seen here with wives Anne Hastings and Elizabeth Walden (who is buried elsewhere), and the 6th, also George Talbot (died 1590) who has a large Renaissance-style monument opposite this one.
Uploaded originally for the 'Guess Where UK?' Group.
This photo is in 1 gallery
- Extraordinary Effigies III 18 photos