Nyhavn (new harbor), Copenhagen.
Nyhavn was built by King Christian V in the 1670s, and is thus the oldest part of Copenhagen harbor. It once had a bad reputation on account of the concentration of sailors living in the neighborhood. The north side, where the bars are, is still known as "the naughty side". The oldest building still standing is from 1681, at number 9. Danish author Hans Christian Andersen lived at Nyhavn 18 for some years.