Sun Setting on Portland Headlight....
I tend to take the obvious beauty of this lighthouse for granted. Because it is just a stones throw from my grandparents house. I have spent so many days of my youth playing and having family outings right alongside what happens to be the most photographed lighthouse in the world (this is written on a plaque affixed to the wall of the small museum on the lighthouse grounds). Many a sunset I have witnessed alongside of this majestic wonder. If you ever get a chance to travel to Maine make it a point to spend a day in Fort Allen Park which is situated on Shore Road in Cape Elizabeth....
This photo is in 55 groups
- Maine Photography Club 124 items
- MY COLORS! Invited Only. Comment before post! 9,277 items
- best of flickr (admin invited) 3,725 items
- ! ! ! Crème de la Crème P1/A2/F2 [sweeper on] 47,525 items
- WINDMILLS AND LIGHTHOUSES ☼ Admin Invite only P1/C2 444 items
- ARCHITECTURE OF ALL TIME - Admin Invite only P1/C2 6,169 items