Saturday Scrum Sprint 01
(Bem vindo ao membros do groupo Yahoo! gtdbr!)
Using a "Scrum sprint" for Saturday chores. (Auto-corrected to compensate for no flash.) View large for details.
--- Materials ----
- Foam board nailed to the wall in the dining room.
- Self stick 3x5 index cards
- Small sticky notes
--- Roles ---
- Mom = Product Owner
- Dad = ScrumMaster
- Kids = Scrum Team
--- Process ---
- Mom created spreadsheet of "sprint backlog" a few days before.
-- Jobs (or areas of the house) divided into smaller tasks.
- Dad created the heading cards, job cards and the sticky notes of each task.
- 10:30-ish AM a stand up meeting is held in front of the board.
- Points are assigned to each task. Just three possible values to keep it easy:
-- 1 = easy, 2 = normal, 3 = hard
-- Point values of each task decided jointly by kids
-- Value veto power (if needed) from Mom and Dad.
- Point value written on lower right of each task sticky note.
- Kids pick any task or two, writing initial in lower right corner of each task sticky note and moving sticky note to "Working" column in the Job row.
- Kid completes task and moves sticky note to "Check" column. Kid then selects next task by initialing and moving it's sticky note to the "Working" column.
- Mom or Dad checks the quality of the work, moving the sticky back to "Working" or over to "Done" column.
- Proceed until all tasks complete about two hours later!
Worked great for our first time!