Douglas Dakota IV 'KN231 / ZA'
Built in early 1945 as '43-49838' for the USAAC, this Dakota immediately transferred to the RAF as 'KN231'. She remained in RAF service until 1953 when, after a very brief period with Airwork as G-AMZW, she became 'SN-AAH' with Sudan Airways, later being reregistered as 'ST-AAH'.
She then joined the Sudanese Air Force as '424', before returning to life as 'ST-AAH'. Her final move was to the South African Air Force as '6850', from where she retired.
After a period on display inside Johannesburg's 'Emperor's Palace Hotel', she moved to the South African National Museum of Military History, where she remains on display at Saxonwold, Johannesburg.