4/52 - "Ήταν Ένα Μικρό Καράβι"
"It was a little boat" - a Greek nursery rhyme.
This is the waterfront of small(ish) town in central Greece called Volos (Βόλος), where I spent a couple of days during my recent small tour of the country. The shot is from my last of 3 evenings in the town, and having already seen where the sun set I was ready to go and shoot this place. I lucked out with the clouds (the previous days had been completely cloudless) and also with this gap in the row of moored boats. Unfortunately by the time I'd got my shot set up, I'd missed the light rays over the distant mountain, but you win some, you lose some... ;-)
- Canon EOS 400D/Digital Rebel XTi
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DC HSM @ 11mm
- 1/10th @ f/20, ISO100, Manual mode
- Cokin P-series 3- and 2-stop ND grad filters (P121S and P121M)
- Velbon CX-444 tripod
- Exposure and colour balance adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw
- Slight Shadows/Highlights adjustment with Luminosity blend
- Selective Curves
- Lab Soft Light and Overlay layers for colour and contrast
- Blend modes and Curves layers for dodging and burning
- Local contrast boost with USM on L channel
- Resized and sharpened with USM on L channel
So, no HDR as some people have asked (before I got the chance to write this ;-))...