Morton Morton House--Norwood Historical Society
www.norwoodpahistorical.org/

The Morton Morton House is located at the confluence of the Darby and Muckinpates Creeks. Secluded and hidden in a residential area of the Borough of Norwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The House was built around 1750 by Morton Morton (1701-1781) a great-grandson of Marten Martenson who settled in "New Sweden" in 1654. Morton Morton was first cousin to John Morton, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. The Morton Morton House was owned by Morton's decendents until 1873, then became home to various families until it was abandoned in the 1930s. The Borough of Norwood owns the Morton Morton House. The Morton Morton House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
50 photos · 748 views