Infographic: Did You Know?
- Wheat is Canada’s largest crop and the single biggest export earner of all agricultural products.
- There are enough apples in Canada for every Canadian to consume 10 kg per year.
- Canada produces approximately 4.5M tonnes of potatoes every year (1 tonne = more than 2,000 pounds).
- Canada is home to more than 959,000 dairy cows.
- Canada is the world’s largest exporter of oats and canola oil.
- Canada produces about 80% of the world’s maple syrup.
- Thanks to greenhouse technologies, farmers can grow fresh vegetables in Canada all year long.
Celebrating 150 years of agriculture
Celebrate with us and visit www.agr.gc.ca/agriculture150