Church Admistration And Tithing Office
This sandstone block building, built in 1909 in the rural community of Cowley, Wyoming served as an adminstration building and thithing office for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Member of the Church were oarganized into a settlement company that built a canal, high school and college, roads and other facilities to serve the farmers of their faith and other in the Northern Bighorn Basin. The School, The Big Horn Academy was located next to this building as was the Church’s meetinghouse. This building is now a museum and historical archive. It has also served as the City hall in the past.