Niagara Square - Buffalo, NY
The McKinley Monument is a 96-foot tall obelisk in Niagara Square. Its location in front of Buffalo City Hall defines the center of the city and many of Buffalo's major roads converge on it.
The monument was commissioned by the State of New York and dedicated September 6, 1907 to the memory of William McKinley, 25th President of the United States, who was fatally shot while attending the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo on September 6, 1901.
Seven shots in RAW (-3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3) converted to HDR and tone mapped in Photomatix Pro using Details Enhancer. Strength set to 85%, luminosity to 3.5, light smoothing set to medium and micro smoothing set to 3.5.
- Noise reduction with Topaz DeNoise
- Added a layer of curves to lighten
- Curves layer for linear contrast.
- Layer mask of saturation/vibrance to the sky
- Layer mask of saturation/vibrance to the foreground
- Added warming filter to the building
- Sharpened with high pass filter at 2.4
- Topaz Adjust to enhance detail to flowers and building