20180523_Greece_5293 crop Corfu sRGB
Statues of Muses front columns along a colonnade on the side of Achilleion Palace.
Achilleion Palace was built in the 1890’s CE by Empress Elisabeth (“Sisi”) of Austria (1837-1898 CE). Out of her great respect for Ancient Greece, she named the palace after Achilles whom she admired for his strength and divine beauty. In 1907 CE her heirs sold the palace to German Kaiser Wilhelm II for a summer residence. Today it belongs to the Greek state.
On Google Earth:
Achilleion Palace 39°33'45.21"N, 19°54'15.60"E